Sunday, June 8, 2014

My Cloth Pad Review

***WARNING***
 
<<<TMI!!!>>>
 
Ladies Only! ;)
 
 
Day 1:
 
 
My periods usually taper on and off. So when I first received my shipment of cloth pads, I didn't use them right away. Towards the end of the day, when I noticed my flow had picked up, I decided to wear it for the evening/night.
 
I must first tell you that the way the cloth pads feel against my skin as opposed to disposable pads was a world of difference. My new cloth pad was really soft and after a while it didn't feel like I was wearing a pad. Unlike disposable pads that, in my opinion, feel really abrasive at times.
 
I was also impressed with the way my cloth pad stayed in place. This part I was really worried about because it just didn't seem (to me) that a snap closure would properly stay in place. I was wrong! It fit really snug and never once moved. This is a far cry from my experience with disposable pads because after a while the adhesive stops working and you're kind of forced to change your pad, even if you didn't soil it, since it starts moving around as a result and begins to lose it's usefulness.
 
Another thing I wanted to point out is that whenever I'd wear an unsoiled disposable pad for an extended period of time, I begin to develop something similar to a diaper rash due to the materials and chemicals used to make those types of pads. In fact, it's something that's always been a personal and annoying problem of mine ever since I began using disposable pads. With using cloth pads I have not experienced those same unpleasant symptoms.
 
As far as absorbency is concerned, I was unable to come to a conclusion that evening because I think I actually got the hang of using my soft cup (lol). There was absolutely no leakage.
 
 
 
Day 2:
 
 
Upon waking up the next morning, I realized that I was in the heaviest part of my flow because my pad was soaked! Even though my pad was completely soiled there was no leakage whatsoever. I have to admit. The way that it felt against my skin convinced me that I'd need to change my clothes and bed covers. But that couldn't be further from the truth. It did not seep through the other side of my pad either let alone onto my clothes or bed.
 
When I went to the restroom I prepared to clean my pad. This part I was a bit wary of also. I just wasn't convinced that a cold rinse would clean a blood soaked pad. I was wrong yet again. I ran the pad under cold water and it cleaned it about 90%. I then hand washed it with a little soap and folded it up until I was able to get my clothes inside of the wash.
 
When I did, I simply washed it in cold water with a few dark clothes and let them air dry afterward. And it looks like new. Ready to wear once again!
 
Oh! I also decided to wear a disposable pad while I cleaned my cloth pad. The feeling was like day and night. I 100% prefer my cloth pads over my once used disposable ones. I often wonder why I let my fear of "that's nasty" to overshadow the experience I'd been missing out on.
 
I've traded in my disposable pads for reusable ones and I don't plan on looking back!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment